Posted On: Friday - September 25th 2020 7:13PM MST
In Topics:   Elections '16 - '20  Humor  Race/Genetics
In one of his more light-hearted posts, blogger Steve Sailer displayed a map purported to show the ownership* of dogs vs. cats broken out by State. There's a lot of reasons this doggie/kittie census could be way off. It's probably not much better than for a map that supposedly shows the numbers of illegal aliens, for some of the same reasons.
Anyway, the comments for anything regarding animals are usually fun, and the thread for Dogs Are for Trump, Cats for Biden is no exception. Of course, from the title, one can read that it's the usual - dogs for Conservatives and cats for lefties theme. There may be nothing but correlation to this, but not really causation, i.e., yeah there are is a much greater proportion of Conservatives in the 'burbs and rural areas, and with more room, of course, more dogs.
Americans, and Europeans too, do love their dogs, cats, and other animals. Peak Stupidity discussed this in the post Cats, bats, and spoiled brats back at the end of March (near the beginning of this Kung Flu nonsense).
Here's our take: It’s a lot more nuanced that what you see on that map. People will tell you that breeds are a social construct invented by dog owners, but there are definitely breedal voting patterns as determined by exit polling.
– German Shepherds will vote almost bloc-like for White Nationalist candidates, of course.
– Labradors vote conservatively and in large numbers in suburban precincts. They tend to vote along color lines, yellow for Oriental candidates, brown for Hispanic, black for black candidates, so long as they are all conservative, which means they mostly vote for white guys.
– Golden retrievers, along with many labs too, and bird dogs of all sorts tend to vote absentee. They enjoy picking up the ballots and bringing them home. They will be instrumental in the Democrats’ effort this year to retrieve and drop, drop, no drop it! … off multiple ballots to the ballot deserts.
– Miniature poodles are the most tolerant and open-minded breed and will vote for AIDS-ridden homosexuals with 2 weeks to live.
– Rottweilers are the only dogs not so racist as to avoid black candidates. The Øb☭ma campaign reached out, with a big stick, to Rottweilers throughout the ghettos and shelters. Their vote count is dependent very much on available transportation and free fried chicken.
– Jack Russell terriers are used by both parties to round up stray voters and steer them to the polls. They are too hyper to vote themselves unless they are put on a diet of Quaaludes for a week first.
– The Boxer vote would be significant were it not for so many of their ballots being rejected for slobbered chads.
– Now, Cats, cats vote Libertarian almost to the cat, but that’s when they vote. Without catnip, tuna fish, or some other incentive, they prefer to sleep instead. Even with incentives they are very easily distracted on the way to the polling stations, which reminds me of a certain President we all know about ...
Oh, what? Sorry, the Peak Stupidity editor is talking in my earpiece as I type... what? Yeah, political divide... Oh, among the owners? NEVER MIND!
* Well "ownership" is not the best term here. Dogs do have owners, but for cats, we are merely the staff.