Posted On: Friday - January 22nd 2021 12:44PM MST
In Topics:   Trump  Pundits  Americans  Liberty/Libertarianism
(Image stolen off VDare, a regular thing here.)
Ann Coulter's latest column is First Duty Of The Press—Make It About Race!. Says Miss Coulter, in her intro. paragraph:
Why can’t liberals ever just let Trump hang himself? Isn’t what he’s actually done bad enough? No, the media always have to punch up the story, layering lie upon lie, until normal people are forced to say, I don’t want to defend the guy, but that didn’t happen.I've got no problem with Ann's basic point of this column. Being called a "racist" is currently the worst it can get, insult wise, worse then bum, philander, dog-torturer, pedophile, or your standard asshole, jackass, shithead, fuckface, hell, even all of the above. (Where's George Carlin when we need him?) Of course, we don't have to let it be that way, with a little courage. "Racist!!" "Yeah, what about it?"
Miss Coulter is right that if any story can be made about race it helps the ctrl-left, the Lyin' Press being a solid part of this crowd. I haven't read a lot or listened to/viewed anything but that one line in passing, on the Jan 6th festivities in Washington, FS*. That's because, having some perspective and not being a lying sack of shit**, I do know that the event was not any big deal. In the sane America of 1955, yeah, it would have been a big story. Compared to a summer of BLM and a year of LOCKDOWNs, no it's surely not. So, yeah, lying to make this event about race is a usual trick of the Lyin' Press to make stories worse and more horrible. I! GET! THAT! ANN!
Then we get to the ending:
The raid was disgusting, appalling, sickening, but it’s not a license for concocting imaginary accusations. Trump is bad. The thugs who stormed the Capitol are bad. You don’t need to manufacture evidence against them, media."Raid"? "Disgusting"? "Thugs"? All those 3 terms are lies out of Ann Coulter.
Raid - Definition:- Nope, nobody on the patriot side was armed. I wouldn't say it was a surprise in the sense of a pre-planned surprise attack like George Washington and his men on Trenton, New Jersey either.
n. A surprise attack by a small armed force.
n. A sudden forcible entry into a place by police.
n. An entrance into another's territory for the purpose of seizing goods or valuables.
- Forcible entry is questionable too, and nope, they were not police.
- Seizing goods or valuables? Does that count Nancy's laptop? (I wish.) This protest was not made for the purpose of seizing goods or valuables.
You are a liar, Ann.
Disgusting - Definition:
adj. Arousing disgust; repugnant. synonym: offensive.
Causing disgust; offensive to the taste, physical, moral, or esthetic.
adj. That causes disgust; sickening; offensive; revolting.
- People were amused. "Our" leaders were fearful, for no honest reason. Others were worried (as they don't want patriots to actually ever get organized). Nobody found it offensive to their physical, moral, or esthetic taste.
- Well, if it were a real revolt, I guess one could call it revolting, but it was not. Sickening? Nah, that doesn't it. Offensive to what? Even if they didn't like the implications of this protest, many thought it a pretty fun crowd.
You are a liar, Ann.
Thug - Definition:
n. A cutthroat or ruffian; a hoodlum.
n. One of a group of professional criminals, devotees of Kali, who robbed and murdered travelers in northern India until the mid-1800s.
n. A member of a confraternity of professional assassins and robbers formerly infesting India, chiefly in the central and northern provinces.
- Not one of the patriots cut anyone's throat, though one was shot in the throat at close range by a cop. My image of a hoodlum is someone who usually lives in the hood, and is 180 degree from the images I saw of these patriots.
- Nah, most of the people in this MAGA crowd have real jobs, though some may indeed be professionals. I saw hardly any •Indians in the crowd (not a very patriotic bunch), plus they would be technically infesting American, not India. Who is this man Kali of which you speak?
- NRA members? Sure. Ducks Unlimited members? Yeah, probably. Members of a confraternity of professional assassins and robbers formerly infesting India, chiefly in the central and northern provinces? I doubt there were more than one or two of them, and they would have been way in the back, out of the fray, shitting on the grass over behind the Lincoln Memorial.
You are a liar, Ann.
I've gotten a lot of truth out of Ann Coulter over the last 15 years, along with great snarky humor. As of late, she's had a lot of courage, too, delving into the race issue, as in this very column. I've described her as batting a .980 with her views. Other than some big thing against "the pot" and then her clueless support for Affirmative Action (only if it's fair, though. Wait, that's an oxymoron.), there's not been anything substantial I've disagreed with her on since 9-11.
This one paragraph has got me pretty pissed off at Ann Coulter. I don't understand how she could have such a great perspective and then see these events in this fashion. Sure, maybe someone got to her. Maybe she realized on her own that she'd better put this paragraph in some column, before too long, if she wants to stay in the high-status punditry position that she occupies.
I don't care about all that, though. I don't like being lied to. You've figuratively stabbed these patriots in the back with this writing. Shame on you, Ann Coulter.
PS: Oh, and Miss Coulter, if you really want to be truthful on the race issue, why do you still support Affirmative Action?
* That's Federal Shithole, for those who are new here at Peak Stupidity.
** About the cusswords on this post, in for a pound, in for a metric shit-tonne.